The secret to any great grilled cheese sandwich is good bread, butter for a crispy crust, and the right pan. Assemble your sandwich before cooking and follow these simple steps for the ultimate grilled cheese experience.
- Monterey Jack, bacon, slide tomato
- Cheddar, red onion, fresh marjoram
- Brie, sliced pears, fresh thyme
- Cheddar, provolone, tomato chutney
- Fontina, sliced apple, Dijon mustard, fresh tarragon
- Gruyere, white cheddar, caramelized onion, fresh rosemary
- Provolone, mozzarella, pesto
- Pepper Jack, avocado
- Fontina, fresh fried sage leaves
- Mozzarella, tomato, chopped basil
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium heat and swirl the pan to cover the bottom with melted butter.
- Place sandwich in the pan, and press lightly to keep the fillings in place. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until crispy and golden brown on the bottom.
- If necessary, add a little more butter to the pan. Use a spatula to turn the sandwich and cook another 3-5 minutes until the cheese has started to melt. Soft cheeses like brie will melt more quickly than a hard cheese like Gryuere.
- Slice to your desired shape (we’re partial to a diagonal cut).
- Enjoy immediately.