Here’s a pizza that even those with wheat allergies can enjoy. Add your favorite toppings to the crispy cauliflower crust for a delectable gluten-free meal.
- 1 large head of cauliflower; stem removed
- 2 bags frozen riced cauliflower (12 oz. or 16 oz.)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Parchment paper for baking
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- If using fresh cauliflower, break into florets and pulse in a food processor until finely ground.
- Steam or microwave in a covered bowl until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Cool and drain completely. Use a cotton towel or cheesecloth to squeeze as much liquid from the cauliflower as possible to get a crispy crust. If using frozen, pre-riced cauliflower, cook until soft, cool, and drain as above.
- Combine cauliflower with beaten egg, shredded cheese, Parmesan and seasonings.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread cauliflower mixture into a pizza crust shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Add toppings of your choice and bake for 10 more minutes.