Use high-quality cocoa powder with at least 70% cacao for the best flavor (and health benefits!).
Be careful not to let the mixture boil. Heat just until steam starts to rise from the pan.
Rating – Easy
- 1 cup light coconut milk (canned)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Marshmallows (if desired)
- Combine coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, and maple syrup in a heavy pot over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Without letting the mixture simmer or boil, cook for about five minutes until hot.
- Pour into two mugs. Top with a marshmallow (if desired).