Indian spices lend themselves to all sorts of flavorful dishes bursting with warm flavor. Most Indian spice blends contain a combination of black pepper, cardamom, chilies, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Our simple DIY curry spice blend recipe can be used in all sorts of dishes, and it’s easy to make a batch in your own kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less for a milder taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Use a measuring spoon and the flat edge of a knife to ensure the right amount of each spice.\
- Add spices one by one to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a small grinder or food processor and grind the spices together into a fine powder.
- Transfer to an airtight container (glass works best) and store away from excessive heat.
The mixture will maintain its flavor for several months.