Holiday wreaths make a great homemade gift and household decoration for the season. Follow these few simple steps and get crafting!
- Straw wreath form
- Floral wire
- Wire cutter or scissors
- Fresh greens (evergreens, eucalyptus, boxwood, etc.)
- Additional decorative elements (bows, holly, tinsel ,etc.)
- Prepare your greenery by trimming the bunches and stems down into smaller pieces.
- Insert greenery stems into the wreath form far enough to be held in place. Place all leaves and stems flowing in the same direction around the wreath.
- Continue adding all greenery to the wreath form. See the pattern and general directional flow start to form.
- Once the wreath has a full density of greenery, add any additional decorative elements of your choice. Bows, flowers or tinsel can be great additions.
- Once the wreath is finished, hold the wreath up vertically. Using wire cutters, cut a piece of floral wire big enough to loop around the wreath form completely.
- Using the floral wire loop, hang your homemade wreath above your door for the season!