Looking for fun and creative decorating tips this Thanksgiving? Upcycle tattered books or out-of-date dictionaries to create these beautiful, colorful paper leaves.
- An old dictionary or book
- Leaves from the yard
- Spray ink – green, orange, yellow and red
- Paper plate
- Rubber gloves
- Trace the shape of the leaf on the cardstock and cut out. This will be your pattern.
- Tear out about 4 pages in your book. Cut out the leaf shape using your pattern.
- Separate the leaves and put them on your paper plate. Put on some gloves to protect your hands from the ink. Spray the leaves with water.
- Here comes the fun part! Start spraying the leaves with the spray ink.
- When you are done, let the leaves dry. The vibrant colors will tone down a bit as they dry.
- You can bend and fold the leaves slightly to make them look more real.
- All done – Enjoy all the beautiful colors of fall.