For an off-the-cob option, slice corn off the cob into a large bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and grated cheese, squeeze lime over corn mixture, season to taste, and serve in small bowls.
Recipe Rating – Easy
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked and silk removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (not low fat)
- 1/2 cup crumbled/grated cotija cheese (salty, crumbly Mexican cheese, available in most grocery stores)
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
- Mexican hot sauce
- Ancho chile powder
Wooden sticks or small kabob skewers with pointed tip
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Add shucked corn, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Use tongs to remove corn. Set aside.
- Wait a few minutes for corn to cool slightly. Insert a stick or skewer into the base of each corn ear
- Brush corn with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese, squeeze a lime wedge over the cob.
- Season with hot sauce and chile powder to taste.
- Enjoy while warm.