Next time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, try this fancy rendition of everyone’s favorite summer drink!
- 7 lemons
- 2 peaches
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups water
- Microwave lemons for 15 seconds (for easier juicing).
- Juice lemons into bowl, making sure to remove all seeds – set aside.
- Add granulated sugar, 1 cup of mint leaves and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring simple syrup mixture to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and then reduce to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove simple syrup mixture from stovetop and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain cooled simple syrup to discard the mint – set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice and 2 sliced peaches in blender and blend until liquid.
- Combine blended mixture, remaining lemon juice, 2-3 cups of water, and prepped simple syrup in a pitcher – stir well.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices, peach slices, and sprigs of mint.