Grilled fruit and ice cream is a winning combination. But if you want a dairy-free option, this grilled pineapple and brown sugar sauce would go well with pound cake too. (Toast the pound cake slices for even more grilled goodness!)
Recipe Rating – Easy
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 whole (4 pounds), top and bottom removed, peeled, cut into 8 1/2 inch rings
- Cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream
Large grill pan, grill
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- If grilling over direct heat, spray the grill grid before heating.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the core from each of the pineapple rings.
- Place pineapple slices in grill pan or directly on grill grid over medium flame, about 3 minutes per side.
- To serve, place a pineapple ring on a small plate, top with ice cream, and drizzle sauce over.
Alternatively, cut up grilled pineapple, spoon over ice cream, and drizzle with sauce.