Take a healthy spin on the classic chocolatey peanut butter rice crispy treats! Substitute coconut oil for butter, and skip the white sugar and corn syrup. A quick and health treat, sure to please a crowd!
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
pinch of salt
4 cups brown rice crispies cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan
2. In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, honey, and salt. Mix until smooth, then fold in rice crispies.
3. Transfer the rice crispy mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Use a rubber spatula to press the mixture into the pan. Set aside.
1. Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coocnut oil to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Stir continuously until melted.
2. Once melted, remove from heat and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the rice crispy layer. Spread chocolate evenly with a spatula.
3. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. To serve, remove from freezer and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy!