Dairy-Free Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 ripe medium-size bananas
- 2 ripe medium-size avocados
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar blend
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth, stopping occasionally to scrap the sides of the food processor. If you have a homemade ice cream maker, blend the mixture in the ice cream maker for 10 minutes, then pack into a container and freeze. If you do not have an ice cream maker, just pack and freeze.
- To serve, bring the ice cream out of the freezer about 20 minutes before serving to slightly thaw so it’s easier to scoop.
- 1 can (15 ounces) peaches, drained. Save 1/2 cup juice.
- 4 cups vanilla ice milk
- 32 ounces club soda or seltzer water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Ground nutmeg, to taste.
- In a small bowl, mash the peaches with a fork.
- Divide the mashed peaches into 4 glasses (12 ounces each).
- Add to each glass 2 tablespoons of the peach juice and 1 cup ice milk.
- Pour 1 cup soda or seltzer into the glasses.
- Top each drink with 2 tablespoons whipped topping and a dusting of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- 6 frozen strawberries, chopped
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a blender, combine the frozen strawberries, banana, soy milk and frozen yogurt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall, frosty glasses and garnish each with fresh strawberry slices. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 pints fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Place the raspberries, sugar syrup and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze according to the directions on your ice-cream machine