Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate and Hazelnuts
Looking for a diet and food allergy-friendly recipe this holiday season? Try out these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Hazelnuts for a festive and delicious option!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 lime, zested
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Trim and chop Brussels sprouts in halves, and place in a roasting pan. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 45 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are soft and light golden brown in color.
- Transfer roasted Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Add pomegranate molasses, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, and lime and orange zests. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Classic Holiday Sugar Cookies
These Classic Holiday Sugar Cookies are the perfect treat to enjoy during all the holiday celebrations this week! What classic cookie recipe is a holiday staple in your household?
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1tsp. baking soda
- 1tsp. cream of tartar
- Decorative candy sprinkles and frostings, if desired.
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Divide chilled dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 3/16″ thick. Cut into assorted holiday shapes using cookie cutters of your choice.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined or pre-sprayed baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost and decorate sugar cookies as desired.