Have a ton of great ideas, but not enough budget or garden space? Don’t worry! There are many ways to revamp your garden with everyday items. Utilizing ordinary objects that might seem drab, these DIY garden ideas will transform them into something fabulous for your garden. Upcycling allows you to beautify your garden on a budget, so you don’t need to break the bank. With some creativity and assembling, your garden will be on its way to becoming an upcycled paradise.
- Old/new colander
- Landscape fabric (to prevent soil from seeping out of the colander holes)
- Planting soil
- Cut a piece of landscape fabric to line the inside of the colander.
- Put potting soil inside the lined colander.
- Place your flowers of choice in the colander, integrating the plant with the planting soil.
- Enjoy your new planter!
Optional: Add rope/chains to your colander planter to have it hang in your garden.
Birdcage Succulent Planter
- Old/new birdcage (whatever size you prefer)
- Sphagnum moss (enough to cover the bottom of your bird case)
- Succulents, whatever amount you prefer
- Open the birdcage.
- Add the sphagnum moss (also known as peat moss) inside.
- Place succulents on top of the moss.
- Enjoy your new birdcage succulent planter!
Wood Pallet Garden Tool Organizer
- 1 wood pallet
- Paint (color of choice)
- Various garden tools that you already have
- Paint the wood pallet with your paint color of choice.
- Add as many/little coats of paint desired.
- Let the wood pallet dry completely.
- Take the wood pallet, and have it stand length-side up/vertically.
- Place your garden tools inside to keep them together and organized.
- Enjoy your new wood pallet garden tool organizer!