This meal recipe includes delicious and nutritious vegetarian ingredients without sacrificing the flavors you crave. Have you ever participated in Meatless Monday? Today’s the day to give it a try!
Lemon Arugula Salad: Ingredients
- 4 cups arugula, fresh and washed
- 2 15oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shaved
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- First, drain, rinse, and dab-dry the chickpeas.
- Next, combine dried chickpeas, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- To serve, top portioned arugula with chickpea mixture, halved grape tomatoes, and shaved parmesan.
Cauliflower Steak: Ingredients
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shaved
- First, chop your cauliflower into ~3/4in steaks.
- Next, combine the olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper, chili powder, and onion powder in a bowl and mix together.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Grill cauliflower steaks for 4 minutes on each side, until charred.
- Remove from grilled. Serve warm and topped with chopped chives and shaved parmesan.
Apple Nachos: Ingredients
- 2 sliced green apples
- 1/2 cup nut of preference, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- caramel sauce
- Thinly slice your apples and layout evenly on a flat plate.
- Next, chop your nuts.
- Top your apple slices with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and a light drizzle of caramel.