Garlic has been shown to help with many medical conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol. If you shy away from eating garlic because of its strong flavor, try these tricks to mellow the taste of fresh garlic in recipes.
Rating – Easy
- Whole, peeled garlic cloves
- Skim milk
- Small bowls
- Traditional oven
- Microwave oven
There are three different ways to take a bit of the sting out of fresh garlic.
- Bring skim milk to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add whole, peeled garlic cloves and blanch for five minutes
- Remove the garlic cloves from the milk, let cool, and use immediately or store in refrigerator
Use the instructions above, but substitute water for the milk
- Place whole, peeled garlic cloves in a small bowl (uncovered) and microwave for two-to-three minutes
- Garlic should be warm to the touch. Let cool, and use immediately or store in the refrigerator