Pumpkin seeds are readily available already roasted, but they’re usually coated with salt. Try roasting your own “pepitas” for fresher flavor and less sodium.
Recipe Rating – Easy
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup olive oil, separated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups baby arugula, washed and drained well
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Large rimmed baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the pepitas with just enough olive oil to coat and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the garlic in the food processor and process until minced
- Add arugula, parmesan, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to the processor bowl and pulse to combine
- With the processor running, slowly add olive oil to the mixture
- If mixture is too thick, add a little more olive oil
Use as a pasta sauce, on roast chicken, on bruschetta or as a sandwich spread.