Chickpeas are packed with protein, and roasting gives them a pleasingly crispy crunch. Toss with a little finely chopped rosemary and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. Just omit the cheese for a vegetarian version.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Optional: 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with foil or parchment.
- Arrange chickpeas on the pan in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a spoon or spatula to coat the chickpeas evenly with oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir lightly, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the rosemary evenly over the chickpeas.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and if using Parmesan, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chickpeas.
- Cool and enjoy immediately! The chickpeas will lose much of their crunch if refrigerated.