Canned pumpkin puree blended with white beans and spices makes a savory dip that can hold up to baguette slices, pita chips or veggie sticks. Adjust the recipe slightly to make a vegetarian or vegan option.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about ½ a bunch)
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Serve with baguette slices, pita chips, or veggies
- In a blender or food processor, combine the canned pumpkin, white beans, olive oil, salt and spices and pulse to process until smooth.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture to a bowl and add in the shredded cheddar, onion, bacon pieces and pumpkin seeds.
- Stir to combine completely.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
- Omit bacon for vegetarian option
- Use dairy-free shredded cheddar for a vegan option