Veggie sandwiches are easy to prepare and so good for you. Get creative and use a complementary combination of veggies, condiments, and bread to create a masterpiece!
Recipe Rating – Easy
- Grilled Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Pesto on Italian Bread
- Avocado, Red Onion, Sliced Cucumber, Sliced Kalamata Olives in a Spinach Wrap
- Basil Pesto, Mozzarella and Tomato on a Ciabatta Roll
- Egg Salad and Watercress on Whole Wheat
- Sliced Beets, Arugula, Red Onion, Goat Cheese on Country Bread
- Shredded Carrots, Cilantro and Hummus in Pita Bread
- Indian-Inspired Chickpea Salad (mashed chickpeas, mayo, turmeric, minced garlic) and Spinach on Naan
Tips for Veggie Sandwich Success
- Choose a “theme” or flavor palette for your sandwich.
- Use condiments that complement your ingredients.
- For sandwiches with chopped or shredded veggies, a pita pocket or wraps works best.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper or other seasonings as needed.