Pears hold up well during baking or roasting and there’s no need to peel them before baking. Choose Bosc or a similar firm pear for this recipe.
- 2 firm Bosc pears
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup peanuts, pecans or walnuts
- Vanilla frozen yogurt, ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice pears in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds and core.
- Place pear halves skin side down in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle nuts over the pears then dust with pumpkin pie spice.
- Drizzle honey over pears.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Cool slightly and top with a small scoop of frozen yogurt, ice cream, or a dollop of whipped cream.