This simple recipe combines so many flavorful ingredients from Mediterranean cuisine. Use a good quality olive oil and thin, firm fish fillets for the best results.
Recipe Rating – Easy
- 2 lbs orange roughy, tilapia, or red snapper fillets (any white fish will work here; thin fillets are best)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more, to taste) crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped curly parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin (or more to taste)
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, diced (or substitute 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sauté fish fillets about 3 minutes per side or until just opaque. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Transfer fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Add chopped parsley and crushed red pepper to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sliced garlic, tomatoes, and olives and sauté about 2 minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Adjust seasoning and serve fish with tomato-olive-parsley sauce spooned over the top.