Popeye was onto something. Spinach is packed full of important nutrients including vitamin C, iron and calcium. This simple spinach & apple salad recipe is perfect for a light and healthy lunch or as a delicious side salad if you’re entertaining.
- 2 ripe apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the apple slices, spinach, onion, walnut pieces and blue cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to one day.